Posts for tag: Veneer Treatment
Here are the answers to some of your most commonly asked questions about veneers.
Wondering if dental veneers are the right way to enhance your smile? Our Naperville, IL, dentists, Drs. Jeffrey and Connie Onik, offer a full range of cosmetic treatments, including dental veneers, to help you get the smile you want. Read on to learn more about what this treatment can do for you!
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are stain-resistant porcelain shells that are designed to look like tooth enamel. They are bonded to the front of one or more teeth to alter and improve a person’s smile.
What problems can dental veneers treat?
While veneers can often make teeth a bit more durable, this treatment is designed to be purely cosmetic. Accordingly, veneers can improve smiles that are,
- Misshapen or worn
- Too short
- Chipped or cracked
- Slightly crooked or misaligned
- Gapping or unevenly spaced
Who is a good candidate for veneers?
If you are someone who has healthy teeth and gums but wishes to tweak and reshape your smile to improve its appearance then you may be right for dental veneers. Anyone wishing to get a smile makeover in Naperville, IL, may be able to do so with the help of veneers.
What is involved in getting veneers?
There are several steps involved in getting dental veneers. These steps include,
- A consultation: We will examine your teeth to make sure that they are healthy enough for veneers.
- Preparation: Teeth will need to be prepared for the veneers by removing small amounts of enamel from the front surface to make room for the restorations. Afterward, tooth impressions are made.
- Fitting and placement: It can take up to two weeks or longer to get your veneers. Once they are made, you will come in for a final fitting and have the veneers bonded to your teeth.
How long do dental veneers last?
The normal lifespan of a dental veneer ranges from 5-10 years. While they do not require special care or maintenance it is important that you maintain good oral hygiene and brush and floss the veneers just like you would regular teeth.
Interested? Give us a call
Are you ready to take the next step in getting dental veneers? If so, call Willow Ridge Dental Group in Naperville, IL, today at (630) 420-2800 to schedule a consultation.