Don’t let tooth loss ruin your smile. We can help with dental implants.
Losing a tooth as a child was an exciting milestone, but it’s certainly isn’t something that you want to deal with as an adult. Unfortunately, tooth loss happens to millions of American adults. If you’re dealing with gaps in your smile, our Naperville, IL, dentists Drs. Jeffrey and Connie Onik offer dental implants to permanently restore your missing teeth.
Why dental implants?
Implants have become such a popular way to replace missing teeth because there is no other tooth-replacement option that works like implants do. This restoration is truly designed to act, look, and even feel like a real tooth. An implant also replaces the entire tooth, from crown to roots, which no other tooth-replacement option does. Why is this important? Well, the roots are integral to supporting the shape and health of the jawbone.
When a tooth falls out or is extracted, the roots are no longer able to provide the jawbone with the stimulation it needs. When this happens, the jawbone begins to deteriorate. This is a common problem in those with untreated tooth loss, which is why it’s so important for our Naperville, IL, dentist to be able to treat your tooth loss as soon as possible to prevent further complications to your health.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Regardless of whether you are replacing one or all of your teeth, dental implants can help. Here are just some of the amazingly cool and unique benefits associated with getting a dental implant,
- An implant is strong and durable enough to last the rest of your lifetime. They even fuse together with the jawbone to become a permanent structure.
- An implant cannot develop a cavity because it is made from an artificial material that mimics the look of a real tooth.
- An implant can fully restore chewing and speech.
- An implant can fill gaps in your smile and prevent the rest of your teeth from shifting into those open gaps.
- An implant is a standalone restoration, which means that it doesn’t need the support of neighboring teeth, so an implant also preserves the rest of your healthy, natural smile.
- An implant offers an extremely high success rate to ideal candidates.
Are you ready to sit down with our Naperville, IL, dentist to find out if implants are the right choice for your smile? If so, call Willow Ridge Dental Group today at (630) 420-2800 to schedule a no-risk consultation.